Search This Blog

Friday, January 25, 2013

Low Sodium Lifestyle

Because The Husband was severely ill with Congestive Heart Failure (CHF) last week, we have had to change our way of eating to eliminate as much sodium as we can. I have given away or thrown out a lot of high-sodium foods this past week! Because of my lipedema I need to eat that way as well; my lower carb intake helps eliminate fluids so I have not reduced sodium to the point we are now. TH eats more carbs so I am working hard on purchasing and preparing sodium bargains. One site that is helpful is Healthy Heart Market.

He no longer has the diagnosis of CHF. Now his diagnosis is cardiomyopathy (enlarged heart). The doctors hope that with medications, his heart will have a chance to strengthen and recover over the next few months.

No comments: