Search This Blog

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Tale of the Manifested Ring

Someone's great design ...
Many years ago, when I was learning to visualize, I read a story in The True and Invisible Rosicrucian Order, by Paul Foster Case, of a woman who visualized a hat, and later found the identical hat, which did not resemble any on sale at that time. He said, "You imagine it, and immediately many hands begin assembling it" (I am paraphrasing). 

I decided then and there to visualize a silver ring with an oval cabochon-cut lapis stone. I had a hard time imagining the setting, though. Today I would picture a simple braid or twisted setting, but at that moment I was too impatient to look at settings (no internet, in The Bad Old Days), so I stayed with my original conception. I pictured it as fitting perfectly, being affordable, and imagined it a couple of times a day, as prescribed in the book, for a few weeks. Then I forgot all about it. 


Perhaps a month later, I was invited to attend the Houston Gem Show. I strolled around looking at many lovely handmade jewelry pieces, loose stones, crystals and so on. Then across a very wide aisle (maybe 30 feet), I was drawn to a bank of many colored sparkly rings, set in cheap gold. That sort of jewelry is not my style, but I felt I had to go over and look. Lo and behold, in the middle of one of the rows of sparklies was a silver ring with an oval cabochon-cut lapis! The setting was clumsy, just like my visualization, and it fit perfectly. It cost $26, and I had $30. That left just enough for a lunch taco and a drink! 


The point is that manifesting something you can picture is simple. The deciding part is hard! Also, I have found over the years, that when I cannot picture what I want, or if the image wobbles and fades, it is not meant to be.

1 comment:

Osprey Therian said...

Great anecdote!