Search This Blog

Thursday, March 01, 2012

Windows Ate My Computer

Some have accused me of being impulsive, and perhaps they have a point ... I downloaded and installed Windows 8, expecting ... well not really having any preconceived ideas of how it might look or act. I was horrified to see that it:

  • will not let iTunes continue to have my computer as an authorized computer
  • will not run Second Life without upgrading my graphics card (which I just upgraded)
  • has no button I once knew as Control Panel
  • and has layer upon layer of nonsense and makes it hard to find even the desktop!
OK so I said BEGONE! Well, it is just not that simple. Poor Simple Ellen, always thinking, "they wouldn't!" when in actuality they would and did. Microsoft leaves it up to the User to save Windows 7 somewhere or somehow. So I had to buy a backup disc, which will be arriving in the mail, because they no longer allow anyone to download Windows 7 as a backup. I would have had to pay $199.99 (oh SO much less than $200) to buy a new W7 that I already bought with the computer.

What comes to my little brainlet is, why don't they PROVIDE A BACKUP DISC with a new, very powerful and expensive computer that they loaded with Windows? That would be the nice thing to do, now wouldn't it? Yes, I know I should have known, I should have made a backup disc, I should have made a partition, I shoulda woulda coulda blah blah blah. WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO DO ANY OF THAT FOR A PREVIEW?

2 comments:

Salazar Jack said...

Ugh. I fear upgrading to the Mac’s Mountain Lion will be no smoother. I use Snow Leopard right now and it is purrrrr-fect for me. I think I will wait as long as I can.

Call Me Lucy said...

i think enjah should run the world.