Search This Blog

Monday, September 19, 2011

That Masked Man was THE LAWN RANGER!

Brown Patch Next Door
Armadillos Attack!
A while back (I am not good at time), our next-door neighbor asked me if I knew what was causing their small patches of brown in the grass. She was of the opinion it was the drought. I said I would ask the lawn service technician when he came by. He did come by, and as a favor to me, he looked at their soil, and said in his opinion it was "brown patch", which is caused by small bugs in the soil. I reported back to the neighbor, who scoffed at that, saying "... what bugs? I don't see no stinkin' bugs! They just want to charge more money!" Well ... hmmm ... looks to me like it ends at the property line. They have been watering this patch quite a lot and now it is a damp brown patch.


In other lawn news, we have had marauding armadillo gangs in our neighborhood. The lawn service technician came by today and said today's application will get rid of the grubs the armadillos are digging up. I believe him! I am now convinced that we are in good hands.

No comments: