Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Gummint Ain't All Bad ...





As soon as I received this message I knew it had to be a phishing scam. I went to the Atlanta FBI website and got their contact email, then reported this email as suspicious. They replied and said to forward them the email and go to www.ic3.gov. I did that and filled out the form they supplied online, which was very easy. Then they replied to me within a half an hour:



Good Afternoon,

This is a scam in which the FBI has been victimized along with thousands of others.  Simply delete.  You may also make a complaint to the Internet Complaint Center, IC3.GOV

FBI Atlanta



I am glad they will track back and get at this jerk, jerks, or jerkesses, or jackesses.

2 comments:

Osprey said...

Kudos on your vigilance, citizen. To receive your special Vigilance reward go to CIAphishingscamlololol.guv
This is an official gummint comment.

Enjah said...

I went to ther sight butte they wasn't inn.