Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 08, 2010




In Limelight Charlie Chaplin is a washed-up music hall comedian who rescues a suicidal ballerina (Claire Bloom). I had never seen this movie before and despite the sometimes very lengthy performance scenes I found it quite enjoyable.


The movies used to be a way for the audience to see performances that were otherwise inaccessible to them. Now we all seem to see a lot of performance, and want our movies to be about the story and for many, the explosions or other special effects. Charlie does all sorts of very athletic antics, white hair and all.

2 comments:

hba said...

I can't help thinking that the clip ended at exactly the wrong point for me... Clare Bloom was such a hottie!

hba said...

I can't help thinking that the clip ended at exactly the wrong point for me... Clare Bloom was such a hottie!