Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Trustee from the Toolroom

I read this book many, many years ago, and it made such an impression I wanted to read it again. Unfortunately, it is currently out of print, so I had quite a time getting a copy. Finally I got an old library copy from half.com and once I picked it up I could not put it down. It is an absorbing story. The cover image you see here is a collector's item.

The hero is a small plump engineer who designs miniature machinery. He writes magazine articles which are read by his fans all over the globe. Though he has no desire to travel, he ends up going on an adventure that takes him halfway around the world.

Nevil Shute has written lots of stories that were made into movies; I do not believe this one was adapted; I think it would make a great movie.

No comments: