Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving Preparations







Nineteen years ago I chose this china pattern and the stainless steel flatware pattern (silver needs way too much care--this is Reed & Barton's 1800). It is much more traditional than what I would choose now, but it has its charms. It is Marlborough Sprays, by Spode. It is heavy china (thank goodness, I am not known for tender care of my things), with a greyish cast to the white background.

I use it a couple of times a year, along with the heavy tablecloth and napkins. While I am tempted to sell it and buy a simpler pattern, it would be easier just to continue on with this.

3 comments:

robyn said...

Who's coming for dinner? I love the plate pattern. Funny, I think I am so traditional and yet I'm going to the public dinner. No china dinner plates plastic plates and flatware.

I simply adore your table photo. Very sweet.
happy holidays
your sis
:)

HeadBurro Antfarm said...

ohhh, that looks nice. So, where am I & The Boy sitting?

lama said...

Oooh, you’re such an inspiration. I love this blog!
Flatware pattern guide. Active and discontinued sterling flatware patterns for sale at very affordable prices.