Search This Blog

Monday, October 19, 2009

NOT IN LONDON ...

Today I could not log into my hotmail, and I got calls from lots of friends and family after an email was sent to them saying I was stranded in London having lost all my credit cards and cash, and please send me $2500. Sounds a lot like those "oh dear, I am pathetic in [Your Country Here]; send me money and I will be eternally grateful" sort of things. The only difference is it mashed up with a HUGE email hacking scheme. See it here, thanks to Osprey.
The most important point is, change your passwords NOW, and don't use the same one for everything you do.

2 comments:

HeadBurro Antfarm said...

But... but I sent the money an hour ago 0_o

Enjah said...

This got me a lot of attention from friends and family, but I would prefer to get attention in other ways!