Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Random Encounters of the Weird Kind





TRUE (although possibly paraphrased) conversations I have had recently:
Young Woman: Oh you have a snake on your shirt! (smiles)
I: (wearing shirt with birds on it) yes, they are descended from a common ancestor!
YW: No way, they were created!
I: creation and evolution do not conflict in any way
YW: then why do they teach creationism?
I: because they take the bible literally. If it is literal, who did Cain marry?
YW: silent


(Coffee place) Young Woman 2: Please slide your grocery store card
I: Why, does the government want to know how much tea I drink? (smile)
YW2: No, not Obama; he is too busy giving money away to people who never work! Oh, I guess that is political.
I: Yes, I would say it is.
YW2: Well it is true!
I: No, it is your opinion.
YW2: silent

2 comments:

HeadBurro Antfarm said...

Bwahahahahaha! I love you!

Eladrienne Laval said...

Great responses on your part! HA!