Search This Blog

Friday, May 29, 2009

Strokes



A couple of months ago, I guess (time for me is EXTREMELY relative), I watched the TED video, "My Stroke of Insight", by Jill Bolte Taylor, a brain anatomist, about her stroke over ten years ago (remember, time not my forte). I chanced upon the book in paperback and bought it. I enjoyed reading it and found it helpful in terms of how strokes happen, and why someone might not be able to think of getting help or how to do that.

According to Dr. Taylor, our brains give us our experiences, and that by virtue of losing her left-brain function she gained access to the peaceful right brain and its ecstatic awareness of the oneness of life.

She recommends we learn to silence the brain chatter of our left brains and tune in to the other side, using the modality of our choosing.

No comments: