Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I HATE Coupons



Coupons are evil. Let's face it; they are a barrier to lower pricing. They are a hurdle the customer must leap before getting groceries or whatever for a slightly lower price. They are a shill, luring people into buying things they do not really want (or they would be buying them already).

Today I stopped off at the grocery store for a few things, and when I got to the express lane, someone had stopped progress by writing a paper check (ooo! I hate them, too!); the next guy was whipping out his store discount card in advance (I think maybe I hate those too), thank you, sir. However the one in front of me had more than the allotted number of items plus a fistful of coupons. I was snotty (yes, I know I should not mouth off); I said, "over 15 items and a bunch of coupons too? PLEASE!" He, affronted: "17 items!"

I went to the self-checkout aisle (now these, I like), and was waltzing out with my purchases before that man even started paying for his groceries. W00T!

No comments: