Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

De-Spicule-able!


Illustration: Jawbone of a beaver

Bwahahaha I bet you thought this was MY jawbone, but no .....

I had a tiny sore spot on the back of my gums next to my tongue, which did not seem to get any better (or worse), so I called the dentist today to see if he could tell me what it was.

Turns out it was a bone spicule, as he said, "trying to work its way out" through my gums. He wriggled it and carved at it until finally it came off and now my traumatized gums are recovering nicely, thank you.

Also turns out this could be related to the medication I take for bone loss (? modern medicine ?).

2 comments:

Osprey said...

ouchy

Enjah said...

... not to mention (how come we say that just before we mention something?) that this syndrome can lead to "jawbone death"!
See related article:
http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2005-03-13-jawbone-deaths_x.htm

Still being prescribed =====80