Last Saturday near Palestine, Texas, frustrated with my unreliable wireless laptop connection, I visited this SHAM AT&T store. You can see by its sign why I might think it was AT&T. I purchased an Air Card, which I then plugged in, but found that it was just as unreliable as the wireless connection.
This is the process that followed:
- tried to return ... not open Sundays
- tried to return to local AT&T store ... no, they do not refund things they did not sell
- tried to have the credit card stop the payment ... no, the store provided the service they claimed to provide
- called the store and offered to overnight the equipment ... no, they said to return it in person so they could swipe my card ... and if I simply kept the equipment, they would send me a bill for a further $231
- gave up and drove up to Palestine (pronounced Palesteeen for those of you unfamiliar with the Texan mangling of our language)