Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Hermes


Yesterday in yoga class the teacher said I was a trickster. I was joking, as I do frequently. My sun sign is Gemini, ruled by Mercury or Hermes. The other sign ruled by him is Virgo.

Hermes is the original trickster of Western European heritage. He is the Greek God of wanderers and thieves; he invented the lyre and the flute, and he is the "psychopomp", who aids souls in their journey from the world of the living to the world of the dead. He is the god of medicine, magic, communications, and a minor god of poetry.

I am reading a book by Liz Greene and Howard Sasportas, called The Luminaries. It explains that the astrological ruler of one's Sun sign is the god who engendered one. Therefore, this is my "godfather"!

So my solar myth is to be a communicator, to be intrigued by all things magical and medical and to be a trickster (who knew someone with a blog titled ElleCoyote would be a trickster?).

1 comment:

robyn said...

to be called the trickster is an honor. My god coyote that is an honor.