Search This Blog

Monday, August 06, 2007

Old Painting




I did this small (8" x 8") oil painting while I lived in the Coburg Hills near Eugene, Oregon, in the 1970s. I called myself Sundown at that time, in true hippie fashion, and lived in a commune. There is (or was) a companion painting of a waterfall inside a cave, also with a lot of greys, the only color being the waterfall. The word "Sundown" is my signature, not the image.

I loved living there, but I did not have the means to commute to work, and finally moved into Eugene and went to Lane Community College while working as a dishwasher and fill-in waitress at Snappy Service Cafe #3, near the old railroad station.

1 comment:

botz said...

this painting hung over the sink at 918, where mom washed the dishes...it brings back many memories.