Search This Blog

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Short and Partial List of Fave Movies

The African Queen
Akira Kurosawa's Dreams
Amarcord
Annie Hall
Beetlejuice
Being John Malkevich
Black Orpheus
Brassed Off
Brazil
Bringing Up Baby
Cape Fear
Children of Paradise
Cinema Paradiso
Citizen Kane
The Commitments
Dr. Strangelove
8 1/2
The Elephant Man
Eraserhead
The Fifth Element
Five Easy Pieces
The Full Monty
The Gods Must be Crazy
The Graduate
Harold and Maude
Howards End
Jean Cocteau's Orpheus
Jean de Florette
King of Hearts
Knife in the Water
La Jette
Laura
Lawrence of Arabia
Like Water for Chocolate
The Manchurian Candidate
Manon of the Spring
The Matrix
Monsoon Wedding
My Left Foot
My Life as a Dog
My Man Godfrey
North by Northwest
O Brother, Where Art Thou?
O Lucky Man!
Pather Panchali
Pee-Wee's Big Adventure
Pi
The Piano
Pink Flamingos
Il Postino
The Producers
Pulp Fiction
Ran
Rashomon
Run Lola Run
The Secret Garden
Seven Beauties
Seven Samurai
She's Gotta Have It
Slaughterhouse-Five
Sleeper
The Spy Who Came in from the Cold
Sunset Boulevard
Swept Away
Tampopo
The Thin Man
The Unbearable Lightness of Being
Unforgiven
The Usual Suspects
Wallace & Grommit (the first three)
What's Eating Gilbert Grape?
Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?
Wings of Desire
A Woman Under the Influence
Young Frankenstein
Zelig












2 comments:

Osprey said...

I like almost all of those but they don't all fit in my "perfectly accomplished what it set out to do" list. 7 Beauties I love, however. *Steals 7 Beauties* Both my mother and I adored Giancarlo Giannini.

Osprey said...

I just realised I've seen all but maybe 4 or 5 - I'll take those as recommendations!