Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Back in Black





Well, sometimes walking has its downside. I broke my ankle and my leg this morning EEEEEK!
It is my right leg, so no driving OR walking OR standing OR grocery shopping for six weeks. (I think I can handle the no grocery shopping part.)
I went down to Galveston Bay and was walking with Bear along the sand. I took a path through some grass and when I came to a wet area, I stepped on it (first mistake). My left foot went zzzzzzzzzzzzzzt! forward and my right leg folded under me as I fell, twisting out to the side. After hours in the emergency room, we found out the fibula and one of the ankle bones are broken. VERY inconvenient, and somewhat uncomfortable, but now the boot is my friend (but no baths and showering will be tricky).

9 comments:

Osprey said...

:( Bear should've run underneath you to cushion the fall. It sounds awfully painful - I hope that's not true. I can't even THINK about it, so you deserve a medal, in my book. Get knitted up fast. Hard fer you to ride a unicycle on one leg.

Osprey said...

I'm glad you weren't eaten by an alligator as you lay injured.

Enjah said...

Now THAT would have been dramatic! I guess the alligators were busy elsewhere ... I yelled loud enough to bring them from miles around! I could not have run faster than the dog, so I would have been their tasty morsel!

Ida said...

I'm with Osprey on that alligator thing.

Maybe you need a specially made uni-pedal...

robyn said...

hey elle, I tried to post yesterday but...well I am back today.
So what I had wanted to say was...Trameel is a wonderful homeopathic cream and pill to take after a trauma. It speeds up the healing.
You've been on my mind. Wishing you the fastest and pain-free healing. your baby sis

Enjah said...

OOH thank you Rob! I will send out my caregiver to get that. Meanwhile I am taking the Bach Flower Rescue Remedy, which works on the same sort of wavelength. I will be consulting my homeopathic/naturopathic doctor as well.

Osprey said...

Lucy sez Get well soon.

Salazar Jack said...

When I told you to "break a leg" I didn't mean it literally! But seriously folks... I hope you heal well and soon and that you don't just let yourself go because you can't wash one of your legs. A box of Handi-Wipes might come in... well.. handy.

Enjah said...

I promise to wash the ... crucial areas ... toes and nose and such